First Aid Training
First Aid at Work Requalification
This approved requalification course is designed to ensure that all attendees are kept up to date with their First Aid skills and are taught any new developments to existing First Aid protocols. Candidates attending this course must hold a current recognised First Aid at Work (FAW) certificate which is within at least 1 month of expiry.
Aims and Objectives
To refresh all attendees’ knowledge so that they can affectively deal with any First Aid situation that may arise in the working environment, across all risk areas (low, medium or high risk – as defined by a suitable and sufficient risk assessment).
- Acting safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Basic use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Treating and unconscious casualty (including seizure)
- Wounds and external bleeding
- Minor Injuries
- Preventing cross infections, recording incidents and actions and the use of available equipment
- Fractures, Sprains and strains
- Spinal Injuries and Chest Injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Eye Injuries
- Heart Attack and Stroke
- Catastrophic Bleeding (haemostatic dressings and tourniquets) – Optional element
Duration: 12 hours over 2 days (not including comfort and lunch breaks)
QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work Requalifying (QCF)
Certificate upon completion of course, valid for 3 years.
Contact us to find out more or to enquire about booking a course.