Carry Out Your Free First Aid Needs Risk Assessment
First Aid Training
First Aid at Work
This approved course is designed to provide all attendees with the required First Aid skills to deal with scenarios that they may encounter as an appointed First Aider. Whether you work in low, medium or high risk areas this course covers a range of industry sectors and is compliant with the First Aid at Work Regulations 1981.
Aims and Objectives
To provide all attendees with knowledge so that they can affectively deal with any First Aid situation that may arise in the working environment, across all risk areas (low, medium or high risk – as defined by a suitable and sufficient risk assessment).
- Acting safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Basic use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Treating and unconscious casualty (including seizure)
- Wounds and external bleeding
- Minor Injuries
- Preventing cross infections, recording incidents and actions and the use of available equipment
- Fractures, Sprains and strains
- Spinal Injuries and Chest Injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Eye Injuries
- Heart Attack and Stroke
- Catastrophic Bleeding (haemostatic dressings and tourniquets) – Optional element
Duration: 18 hours over 3 days (not including comfort and lunch breaks)
QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF)
Certificate upon completion of course, valid for 3 years.
Contact us to find out more or to enquire about booking a course.